Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Showers!

Oh my goodness, it has been a really long time since I have updated this blog! The weeks have just flying by...so quickly that we only have 3 more weeks of school left! (That is until summer semester starts, but in the theme of positivity I will forget that part for now.)

Last time I wrote I was talking about crazy March weather, but you know what they say about April showers. However, I don't think that they meant snow showers! Today it happens to just be rain, and hopefully it stays that way. You might ask what this has to do with Undergraduate Studies at the U? It is terrible to trek around campus in precipitation!

Anyway, back to school stuff. The last week in March I went on a trip with the school to a marketing conference in New Orleans, Louisiana. We had an amazing time! Not only did we get to experience the French Quarter, the conference itself was really great. After working for hours on our case submission for the national competition, we got some recognition (semi-finalists!) and even got the chance to watch the winning case team present. It was great to see that they had some similar ideas, and also to get some pointers for when we are finalists next year :).

Even though I loved skipping some classes to go to New Orleans, I feel like I have been playing catch up ever since. The end of the semester is just a crazy time! There are so many fun things going on, like the Grand Kerfuffle (featuring Lupe Fiasco this year). The weather is even getting better (I think that I over exaggerated the showers). It is really hard to focus on tying up all of those loose ends in class. I just keep thinking that if I push through I only have a few more classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment