Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The End is Near!

Isn't it interesting how that would usually be a dismal announcement? However, when students are thinking of how the end of Spring semester is near, it is a jubilant occasion! So here we are, just one day away from the last day of classes. Now what?

Now it is time to push through the final few finals and tests...it is so hard! The tests aren't unusually hard, but it is just so close to summer! As far as nice weather making it hard to get things done, college students are about as well-off as elementary school students! We just don't have the fun root beer float parties anymore :( I guess end of the year BBQs are just as good, but the excitement of filling in each letter of "root beer float" is not comparable.

Along with all of this fun end of the year excitement, I have come to realize that I am old! I am going to be a junior in college...for real, not just in credit hours. Two years have flown by. I think they are right when they tell you that the older you get, the faster it goes. Now I am thinking about internships and interviews and resumes and cover letters. Just two years ago I was graduating high school--weird, that seems like a lifetime ago.

Well, I should probably work on studying for those last three finals...

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your relative freedom...even finals week is cake compared to some weeks in my job (consulting analyst).

    And trust me you're not old, I had my 5-year high school reunion last fall!!! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete