Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Homework...Again?!

Well isn't it just grand to be back at school? Not really! Over the break, I was anxious and even excited to start the new semester. After attending all of my classes at least once, I can officially say that I had a crazy moment. The learning, classes, and reading aren't so bad. It is the schedule. For some reason right when school starts it is impossible to go to sleep at night and then impossible to wake up at the crack of dawn (usually 7-ish or 8-ish...super early for college students).

I have had some very interesting classes so far however. I think that I am going to enjoy all of my professors quite a bit. My writing professor does scare me though. If there is one thing that terrifies most of the business majors that I know, it is writing a CREATIVE piece! Of course, that is exactly my first assignment. It is non-fiction, so I can draw it from my own personal life, but it is just one of those things that when someone asks me to think of something profound or life altering: blank mind. Horrible. My life has been altered in so many ways, so many times, but I can't seem to find a moment to pin-point for my essay.

Even though my mind is still fishing for a topic, I can say that I learned one very, very positive thing today. Bum...Bumm...Bum...I actually learned a lot in Business 1051 (Foundations of Business Thought). I answered 2 questions in my writing class based on excerpts that I read in that class...Two and a half years ago!

I will let you know how the "creative" piece goes. I guess this semester will be all about jumping out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment